updated January 18, 2017
The UBCIC Chiefs Council will be held at Musqueam Community Centre, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Territory). We are pleased to inform you the UBCIC will reimburse travel and accommodation costs for the Chief or the Chief's proxy for this Chiefs Council Meeting. Please find a proxy template letter here if required. All Chiefs and proxies please RSVP below.
We have rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn (1110 Howe St, Vancouver, BC). You can RSVP and book your hotel online with this link. Please book your room before January 29, 2017. You can also book your room by calling the Holiday Inn directly at 1-800-663-9151 or 604-623-6866 and use Group Name “Union of BC Indian Chiefs” and booking code UIC.
If you would like to submit a resolution, please review and use the appropriate resolution template as outlined on the UBCIC Resolutions Process page. Draft resolutions and briefing notes must be submitted by 4:00 pm on February 1st, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A draft agenda will be provided on or before February 8th, 2017. If you would like to suggest an agenda item, please don’t hesitate to call Don Bain at 1-800-793-9701 or email email@example.com.
Attention: Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs Members
Re: Nominations for Executive and Active Member Positions
Nominations are now open for the following five (5) positions with the Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs (U.B.C.I.C), and nomination forms are attached:
1. Vice President
Active Member Positions:
1. Women’s Representative (a woman who is a member of one of the Indian Nations of British Columbia)
2. Elder’s Representative (at least 60 years old)
3. Youth Representative (between the ages of 19 and 30 years)
The Election will occur at the U.B.C.I.C. meeting, Musqueam Community Centre Wednesday, February 15, first ballot 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Nomination forms are as follows:
Original or Faxed Nomination forms must be submitted, attention Chief Electoral Officer, to one of the Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs’ offices, no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs
5th Floor, 342 Water Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 1B6
FAX: (604) 684-5726
Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs
209 - 345 Chief Alex Thomas Way
Kamloops, B.C. V2H 1H1
FAX: (250) 828-0319
- Nominations must be endorsed by three Full Members in good standing (those who have paid their membership dues for the current year) of the U.B.C.I.C.
- Nomination forms must include a one page written statement (8.5 x 11, one-sided) that provides a profile of the candidate and sets out the candidate’s reasons for standing for election. (Candidates may also provide an electronic copy of the candidate statement in PDF or similar format to ensure a higher quality when the pages are distributed).
- It is the responsibility of each Band or Community to confirm that their membership dues are paid and that they are in good standing. Please be in touch with the U.B.C.I.C. directly if you have any questions about registration or membership, including whether membership dues are up to date for the current year, at (604) 684-0231 (Vancouver office) or (250)828-9746 (Kamloops office).
UBCIC Constitution and By-laws are online at: http://www.ubcic.bc.ca/constitution.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please contact me at (604) 808-4077 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6735 Salish Dr
Vancouver, BC V6N 4C6
Google map and directions