JOB OPPORTUNITY – UNION OF BC INDIAN CHIEFS, VANCOUVER
Full-Time Specific Claims Project Researcher, One-Year Term
The Union of BC Indian Chiefs (UBCIC) is seeking a full-time project researcher for a one-year term to support the advocacy work of the UBCIC Research Department as directed by UBCIC’s member Nations. Reporting to the Research Director, the successful candidate will conduct specific claims policy research and develop written documents to support new and ongoing mandates of a busy Indigenous political organization.
Supporting the development of written submissions, reports, studies, position papers, briefing notes, and press material by:
- Researching and preparing drafts
- Coordinating reviews and integrating feedback from Indigenous political leadership and technicians on the BC Specific Claims Working Group
- Copy editing drafts
Supporting new and continuing organizational mandates by:
- Assisting with follow-up on resolutions
- Drafting letters or preparing other materials as required
- Coordinate multiple projects as directed and in conjunction with research staff.
- Conducting research and analysis related to specific claims legislation and policy initiatives, projects, and existing organizational material to ensure alignment with the vision and mandate of the UBCIC.
- Providing administrative assistance as required.
- Strong knowledge of the history, vision and goals of the UBCIC
- Strong understanding of the history of Indigenous land rights in British Columbia
- Strong understanding of Canada’s specific claims policy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant fields or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills including internet skills
Salary range $42,000 to $45,000, depending on experience. Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to the attention of the Research Director. If sending by email, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest and regret that only those candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Open until filled.
The Union of BC Indian Chiefs hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. However, qualified Indigenous applicants will be given priority.