MEDIA ADVISORY, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Advisory: Indigenous leaders, environmental groups to hold press conference on National Energy Board announcement
Friday 10am PT / 1pm ET: Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs, West Coast Environmental Law, Stand.earth to respond to Trans Mountain Pipeline recommendation
Unceded Coast Salish Territories (VANCOUVER, BC) — Representatives from the Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs, West Coast Environmental Law, and Stand.earth will hold a press conference at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET on Friday, February 22, to respond to the National Energy Board’s announcement on the Trans Mountain Pipeline.
WHAT: Press conference with B.C. groups on the National Energy Board announcement
WHO: Press conference speakers will include:
- Grand Chief Stewart Phillip, President, Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs (UBCIC)
- Chief Bob Chamberlin, Vice President, UBCIC
- Chief Kukpi7 Judy Wilson, Secretary-Treasurer, UBCIC
- Tzeporah Berman, International Program Director, Stand.earth
- Eugene Kung, Lawyer, West Coast Environmental Law (WCEL)
- A traditional opening prayer will be led by Will George, a Member of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation and Spokesperson for Protect the Inlet
WHEN: Friday, February 22, 2019, 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET
WHERE: UBCIC boardroom, 312 Main St, Suite 401, Vancouver, BC
CALL-IN DETAILS: Reporters who can’t attend in person can join by phone and will have the opportunity to ask a question during the Q&A. Call 877-876-9176 (toll free in the U.S. and Canada) or 785-424-1681 (outside the U.S. or Canada). Conference ID: ENERGY.
WATCH ONLINE: The press conference will be livestreamed at facebook.com/standearth. Reporters must join by phone (see details above) to ask a question during the Q&A.
Media contact: Sven Biggs, Climate Campaigner, [email protected], 778-882-8354